6. Operations Manager
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posted Date: April 4, 2023
Job Title: Operations Manager
- Working Hours: Full time - Primarily between the hours of 11:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Salary: Starting at $70,000 based on experience
We are looking for an Operations Manager experienced in the janitorial/commercial cleaning industry to join our growing company for a large site in BC
The Operations Manager works with the Operations team to oversee the scope of work at our client site. The Operations Manager is the face of the company and the first point of contact for all clients regarding operations, escalations, and work orders. The prime focus of the Operations Manager is to ensure that EDOMEY meets its contractual obligations in line with service and budget parameters and to look proactively for ways to increase performance, and to look proactively for ways to increase productivity.
1. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates in the hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, and performance management of employees
• Provides coaching, feedback, and recognition
• Ensures a high degree of employee engagement and retention through strong leadership practices
• Uses technology, such as Dayforce, OrangeQC, and other apps, to lead and manage team members
• Ensures that performance standards are met and complaints are addressed
• Ensures that scheduled hours and actual hours are in line with budget
• Reports maintenance issues and ensures follow up
• 7+ years in a management role required.
• Experience in the commercial cleaning or building services industry is required.
• Demonstrated success in people management, either in a prior management role or equivalent experience
• Strong emotional intelligence and maturity
• The ability to successfully pass a reliability clearance and criminal record check
• Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders including the client, corporate staff, and colleagues
• Proven ability to manage projects and deliverables and prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills. This role requires someone highly organized with good follow-up
• Organized with strong follow through
• Experience developing and fostering positive team environments
What We Offer:
• Base salary
• Benefits plan of Extended Medical, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, and EFAP
• This is a large facility and the Operations Manager must be present in various areas throughout the shift. Walking, or other mobility options, are required.
• This is a 24/7 operation and the Operations Manager must be available to work overnight shifts
• Reports to the Senior Operations Manager
• Manages Site Supervisors, Lead Hands and Cleaners
3. About EDOMEY
EDOMEY has grown to become one of Canada’s leading janitorial and building maintenance service providers to over 150 distinct facilities across Canada. Our commitment to excellence and passion to serve sets us apart. With a history spanning over 16 years, EDOMEY has been at the forefront of various innovative industry approaches and concepts. EDOMEY ’s brand promise of “Reflecting Excellence” distinguish it from others. We aspire to always be the best, by delivering on our promises and exceeding our clients and employees’ expectations.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications for all who are eligible to apply. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued and respected. Due to the nature of our services, some of our positions require a security clearance and/or a criminal and credit check. If you are a successful candidate, you may be asked to consent to a background check and security clearance. For positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing. Eligibility to Work in Canada: It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Edomey would like to thank all applicants. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org