Ceramic tile is a popular choice for business flooring because it is both durable and beautiful. With appropriate maintenance, a tile floor's quality will never go out of style. Compared to other commercial flooring options, it's rather low-maintenance. In the absence of regular upkeep, the surface will become dull and brittle, and the environment may deteriorate to the point of being filthy. In the next section, we'll examine the finest methods for commercial flooring maintenance.
Learn Professional Cleaning Tips For Commercial Flooring in 2022
Edomey Enterprises Ltd. - Jay Do
How Often For Commercial Flooring Maintenance?
Twice a week is a good rule of thumb for cleaning, including sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping the floor (or perhaps every week or two in a low-use area). If title commercial flooring is widely used and in a dirtier region, you should clean it more often. Every two weeks, kitchen floor tiles should be cleaned, while bathroom floor tiles should be cleaned once a week. Every two or three months, or as required, spot-cleaning may be done on well-maintained grout.
What Do You Need For Commercial Flooring Maintenance?
For commercial flooring maintenance, you just need a few basic cleaning materials. In addition to some warm water, you'll need the following items:
- An all-purpose cleanser or dish soap
- A broom and a dustpan (a vacuum cleaner will also do)
- mop of chamois or rag
- Large bucket of water
- A dry towel
Why Is Commercial Flooring Maintenance Important?
It is essential to clean tile floors properly because:
- Between tiles, grime, dirt, germs, mould, and mildew may accumulate in the grout.
- Unsanitized floors put individuals at risk for allergy symptoms, infections, and illness.
- A clean floor may aid in the sale of a home.
- The degradation of grout by contaminants may affect the life of a floor.
- A clean floor might seem spanking new regardless of its age.
How To Maintain Commercial Flooring?
When it comes to being scratch-resistant, tile is a standout feature. Follow these ceramic tile floor cleaning instructions to extend its lifespan:
- Sweep/Vacuum: Whether you physically sweep the floor or use a vacuum cleaner, cover every square inch of the floor, particularly corners that are more prone to dirt accumulation.
- Mix Detergent and Warm Water: For standard mopping, use a mild detergent with warm water. Use 14 cup of low-soap detergent or 1 to 2 teaspoons of industrial floor cleaning powder (or washing soda or trisodium phosphate) per gallon of water to thoroughly clean tile floors.
- Mopping Entire Commercial Flooring: When mopping the floor, be sure to cover the whole surface with equal, soft strokes. If you miss any locations, the residual dirt will be dragged about the room.
- Frequent Bucket Water Changes: In bigger areas, you will need to often rinse the mop or cloth. Eventually, the water will get cloudier and dirtier. Refill the bucket to prevent leaving a filthy film behind. If a film forms, saturate a cloth with hot water and white vinegar (or a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner) and wipe it away.
- Do Not Neglect the Grout: Apply a grout cleaning, wait a few minutes, and then rinse. Additionally, a weak bleach solution may be employed (safely with gloves). Wait up to 10 minutes for stubborn stains, then scrub the grout with a tiny, soft brush; mop the floor and thoroughly rinse before drying.
- Thoroughly Dry The Floor: Utilize a clean towel to thoroughly dry the floor and avoid wet stains from collecting on the tile.
- Use Wet Floor Signs for Safety: In the event of a slip-and-fall, moist, slick flooring is generally to blame. Warning signs are displayed at your workplace to alert employees and students to potential dangers.
Edomey Cleaning - Your Reliable Partner In Commercial Flooring Maintenance
Infuse fresh confidence into your commercial flooring cleaning with top-notch janitorial services. Edomey is your partner when it comes to keeping your commercial property clean and sparkling. By offering daily, weekly, and biweekly cleaning we provide the world’s best cleaning on your terms.
With over 15 years of experience, Edomey Cleaning provides the hospital-grade of commercial flooring services with high-quality cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting services to meet your cleanliness needs 24/7.