Do you sneeze every morning as you enter the workplace owing to the stuffiness of the office air? If this is the case, it is probable that your office's air is not as clean as it may be. Poor air quality may be caused by dust, bacteria, mould, humidity, or insufficient ventilation, all of which can have a negative impact on your health, your customers' health, and your staff's health. Edomey | Vancouver Office Cleaning Services
How To Keep Your Office Air Clean
Edomey Enterprises Ltd. - Jay Do
What is Dust?
To begin, let's take a look at what makes up dust. There isn't just one item in the dust. Some organic and inorganic components make up this mixture. To this list should be added skin and hair follicle debris, as well as dust mites and other bug dander. Bacteria and elements we bring in from the outside, such as dirt and pollen, also contribute to the accumulation of dust. Clothing, carpets, and upholstered furniture fibres, as well as minuscule particles of plastic, may all contribute to the accumulation of dust. If you want to maintain your air clean and dust-free, you'll have to deal with a variety of causes of dust in addition to the existing dust.
Dust in the Air: How to Remove It
- Don't use feather duster:
For dusting, feather dusters are often our go-to tool, but are they effective? Feather duster fibres collect up some of the dust on your office's surfaces, but their primary function is to disturb the dust that has already settled. You've probably seen this procedure in action if you've ever shook a feather duster. Tossing the dust up into the air instead of collecting it with a feather duster is a common mistake people make while using them. Instead of using a dry dusting cloth, use a moist sponge or towel. Dust may be wiped up and thrown away because of the heavy weight of the wetness. When trying to get rid of dust, stay away from chemical-containing cleaning solutions. Most of the same results may be achieved using water instead of releasing hazardous chemicals into your business.
- Free-Carpet Office
Consider adding linoleum or wood flooring in your workplace if it already has carpeting. Carpets and rugs not only like to dwell in the pile where dust may nest comfortably, but they can also worsen dust. Having a lot of fibre at your workplace is bad for you. It's unlikely that your staff would miss the carpeting if you replace their desk chairs with upholstered versions.
- Don't Forget About Your Heating and Air Conditioning System!
Temperature regulation is the primary function of HVAC systems. HVAC systems, on the other hand, are built to filter the air before it enters the system and before it exits the system back into the building as well. You, on the other hand, are responsible for making sure that your HVAC system's filters are replaced on a regular basis. If you haven't done so in a while, go take a look at them. Dust and filth have probably caked them over. This might lead you to wonder: "Doesn't it indicate they're preventing dust from entering the atmosphere?" It is, nevertheless, possible for dust to build upon a filter to the point that it is no longer effective. Furthermore, all of that dust might break free again and return to your air. Call in the experts when it comes to heavy-duty HVAC maintenance. Doing your own HVAC work is a risky endeavour. Aside from that, if you don't have the proper training, you might end up causing more harm than good to your air quality.
- Don't let the outside in!
Dirt, pollen, and insect spores may have a significant impact on the environment. Your staff will thank you for providing them with some high-quality doormats. Take the doormats outside and shake them out at least once a week before cleaning them. Air purifiers can minimize allergies and dust-forming elements such as pollen on days when you want to be outside. Finally, take care of your bug issues. No matter what kind of pests you have in your workplace, you need to get rid of them quickly before they start reproducing and turn into a full-blown infestation.
- Find a Professional Commercial Cleaning Services Company
All of your employees may be assumed to keep their workplaces clean in order to improve the quality of your air. This, however, is not sufficient. No one is likely to spend the last few minutes of their shift cleaning the carpets, breakroom and other places where dust accumulates. Cleaning isn't a skill that comes naturally to everyone. Professional commercial cleaning services may come in many times a month so that your office is constantly fresh and clean. There's nothing worse than working in an environment that seems clean but is really a breeding ground for disease-causing microorganisms.
Contact Edomey | Vancouver Commercial Cleaning Services for professional office cleaning services in Vancouver.
Benefits from a Dust-Free Workplace
As a business owner, the last thing you want to do is cause your employee's health to deteriorate. There is no need for flu season to affect your air quality. To ensure a productive and contented workplace, learn how to reduce the amount of dust in the air. Please get in touch with us right away if you have any questions or concerns about our products or services. Please allow us to assist you in improving your place of employment.
Small Great Tips For Keeping Your Office Air Clean:
- MICROFIBER CLOTHS: When you dust using a standard duster, there is a high probability that the dust will be reintroduced into the air. Edomey Cleaning commercial cleaning services team use microfiber cloths to collect debris after a surface has been cleaned. We take this concept a step further by using colour-coded microfiber cloths. Utilizing colour-coded microfiber towels for various surfaces prevents cross-contamination by trapping dirt and dust particles in the cloths rather than spreading to other surfaces and regions of the facility.
- ECO-FRIENDLY Commercial Cleaning product: Edomey use 100% eco-friendly cleaning products that will not hurt your personnel or clients after a clean. Utilizing environmentally friendly chemicals guarantees that no hazardous residue is left in the air for individuals coming and working in your office area to ingest.
- VACUUM: When dust and filth are gathered in a vacuum, they may escape the vacuum and re-enter the air. Edomey HEPA's filter backpack vacuums have four filters in the base, trapping dirt, dust, and other debris and minute particles. Clean air is then reintroduced into the environment, assisting in the maintenance of your office's air, floors, and surfaces.
- AIR PURIFIERS: Air purifiers are an excellent method to enhance the quality of the air in your workplace! Air purifiers combine the use of a fan and a HEPA filter to catch and eliminate polluting airborne particles such as dust, germs, and bacteria, as well as odours. By installing an air purifier in your business, you can improve the quality of the air that your clients and staff breathe on a daily basis!
There are various techniques to enhance and maintain clean office air. However, one of the most effective methods to guarantee that your workplace has the finest possible air quality is to engage a professional office cleaning services company! Contact your local Edomey | Office Cleaning franchise now to learn more about how to keep your workplace as clean as possible!