Floors should be buffed and polished once a week or as needed to retain the shine of the finish and get rid of any dust or grime that has settled on the surface between cleanings. It may be done wet, using a spray buffing solution, or dry, and it prevents debris from being entrenched in the finish, reducing the frequency with which washing and cleaning are required.
Typically, nylon pads are used for smooth surfaces, whereas natural hair pads are utilized for rougher surfaces. One may use a high-speed machine (above 350 RPM) or a low-speed machine (175 RPM) ( 350-1200 RPM). The Red Buffer or Red Buffer Plus is used for low-speed wet buffing operations.
- In order to get a high gloss surface and do some light cleaning, use the red buffer pad.
- When you only need to do some little buffing and polishing, go for the Red Buff Plus pad.
- The White Super Gloss pad is designed for low-speed, dry or light mist applications to produce a high-gloss, mirror-like finish.
Natural hair pads, such as the Grizzly, Grizzly Bear Lite, and Ultra Grizzly Bear, are used for high-velocity wet buffing.
- When used on medium-to-hard surfaces, the Grizzly pad quickly and easily buffs away deep scratches and blemishes, leaving behind a mirror-like sheen.
- To get a high shine on flexible and soft surfaces, use a Grizzly Bear Lite pad.
- Quickly restore a high gloss finish on medium to hard surfaces after removing scratches and blemishes with the Ultra Grizzly Bear pad.