A building's flooring, if kept clean, shining, and in good repair, may do wonders for its first impression on potential customers or visitors. Nevertheless, floors may lose their shine and even change colour over time. If this occurs, you should wax the floor again after removing the old wax. This will make your flooring sparkle, but more importantly, it will safeguard it. Follow these 10 professional steps for stripping floors for retailers.
4 Professional Tips To Stripping Floor For Retail Stores 2023
1. Inspect Floor
Stripping floors for retailer always starts by inspecting the targeted space and examining the broader floor area for moisture damage and locations where there has been considerable foot activity, as well as for soil or moisture build-up in corners and edges.
There may be more heel imprints and dirt build-up in certain places, necessitating more effort and care. Look for loose tiles, protruding baseboards, and so forth. Before you begin, it's critical to understand the state of the floor and what you're up against.
- Tips: Remove as much furniture and barriers from the floor space as feasible.
- Tips: Make sure there is enough of ventilation; utilizing outside air instead of the building's air conditioning or heating system is preferred.
2. Prepare Equipments & Tools
Decide which tools and supplies are required. For most floor stripping projects, you'll need a low-speed floor machine, a clean bucket with clean liners, two or more new mop heads, and a scrubbing pad to get into the corners and along the edges of the floor. You may reduce your chances of obtaining an electrical shock by selecting a floor machine with a ground fault interrupter and a thumb-activated safety button.
- Tips: Always select the right floor pad for the task at hand; for instance, the darker the pad, the more stripping power. This means the machine will do more of the work, reducing stress and fatigue.
- Tips: Always use eye and skin protection while working with stripping chemicals or engaging in any kind of physical cleaning.
- Tips: waterproof, rubber-soled shoes are essential.
3. Place Warning Signs
Even if no one else is in the building, it is still a good idea to block off the area with caution and warning signs. Professional cleaners have caused some of the worst slip-and-fall incidents by failing to notice that a surface was still wet.
- Tips: Finally, you should always be prepared to leave a exit path. As cleaning crews start stripping a floor, they often find themselves backed up against a wall. Start at the other end of the floor and work your way back towards the door.
It's also important to note that we should only strip a 200-400 square foot section at a time. The floor stripper should be let sit for around 10 minutes before being cleaned with a floor machine.
As a result, previous layers of finish will be loosened and dissolved, making removal simpler.
4. Choose Ideal Floor Stripping Chemicals
Strip and clean using chemicals of the highest quality. Using effective floor cleaning products ensures smooth the whole floor stripping procedure.
- Tips: Avoid diluting or overusing cleaning or stripping solutions.
- It's a common misconception that cutting down on water use can boost a product's efficiency. Employ an automatic dilution system and cold water only; using hot water increases the risk of toxic fumes being emitted and decreases the efficacy of the stripping solution.